Since the vaccine is about 30% effective this year here are some suggestions on how to stop the spread of the flu.
- Avoid contact with sick people as much as possible.
- If you become sick, avoid going out in the public, and limit contact with others.
- According to the CDC, stay home until you have no fever for 24 hours (without fever reducing medications).
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue paper. Use the tissue once and discard into trash.
- Wash your hand thoroughly with soap and water often. You can also use alcohol based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Germs are spread by touching your eyes, mouth and nose. Avoid touching them.
- Clean your surroundings with disinfectants.